Environmental policy: The Business Centre has operated at an occupancy level of 82% – 94% over the past 3 years in which we have around 110 clients operating through our serviced offices, virtual office and conference room hire.
The Business Centre’s policy is to conduct its business responsibly, with integrity, and with respect, for the interests of all those affected by our operations. We believe that our activities should generate economic benefits; create opportunities for an enhanced quality of life; respect the environment; and positively influence the communities in which we operate.
We aim to:
- Use energy, water and other natural resources efficiently, effectively and with care; minimise waste and recover or recycle it and finally, sustainability dispose of what is left.
- Limit light, noise, air, land and water pollution levels so as not to cause damage to existing natural systems.
- Value, protect and enhance the diversity of nature, local distinctiveness and cultural identity.Build long term relationships with our suppliers choosing business partners those with standards and ethical practises compatible with our own.
Our specific objectives for 2017/2018 are to:
- Improve overall energy efficiency and reduce electricity usage 5%
- Enact further pollution prevention measures
- Green our supply chain
- Reduce water consumption by 2%
- Raise client awareness to reduce overall energy consumption
- Look into installation of solar panels
The company has had no major environmental incidents and there have been no convictions under environmental legislation.
In the last year we have:
- Installed PIR and timed lighting to reduce electricity usage
- Improved staff awareness of environmental issues
- Encouraged our clients to participate in the Go Green Campaign
- Looked into water consumption efficiency
- Obtained EPC Certificate (Energy Performance Certificate)